Congratulations to the Official Winners of the 10th Annual Oak Street Po-Boy Fest!! Here are the Best Po-Boys as chosen by our judges:
Best Beef Po-Boy
Blue Oak BBQ -- Pastrami Brisket
Best Oyster Po-Boy
Red Fish Grill -- Barbecue Oyster
Best Shrimp Po-Boy
Red Fish Grill -- Shrimp and Pimento Cheese
Best Seafood Po-Boy
Ajun Cajun -- Soft Shell Crab
Best Pork Po-Boy
Bratz Y'All -- Pork Schnitzel
Best Sausage Po-Boy
Bratz Y'All -- Nuernberger
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
10th ANNUAL OAK STREETPO-BOY FESTIVALpresents Po Boys & PintsSUNDAY, OCTOBER 23, 201610AM-8PM
On Sunday October 23rd, 2016: The Oak Street business corridor in the neighborhood of Carrollton will be transformed into one of the most unique festivals in the world, the Oak Street Po-Boy Festival! This event features some of the finest restaurants, artists and musicians in the Crescent City, all coming together in appreciation of one of New Orleans most distinct and delicious creations… The legendary Po-Boy Sandwich. And what goes better with a po-boy, then a cold beer?! We believe a good po-boy goes naturally with a good pint of beer— so much so, that this year’s event will also showcase regional craft breweries. Join us for the first ever Po Boy & Pint Fest!
Try over 50 different varriations of the classic sandwich while some of the best local bands in town provide the soundtrack. On top of all the fantastic food and music, Po-Boy Fest is also excited to add the return of the Where Y'Arts Market! We look forward to everybody coming out and helping us continue to make Po-Boy Fest one of the most unique and exciting events of the year! Food, Music, Art, Brews and Oak Street?! Doesn’t get much better!
Come out and see for yourself why Gambit Weekly readers have voted Po-Boy Fest the Best Food Festival from 2010-2016!FAQs:
- The festival is free and open to the public. All are welcome!
- No outside food or beverage. SHOW YOUR LOVE! This free event receives no public funding. Our success and continuation rely solely upon beverage sales. Please do not bring outside drinks. Show your love and buy your drinks from official Po-Boy Fest bars!
- Pets are welcome and costumes are encouraged.
- There will be ATMs throughout the festival, but we suggest coming with cash to avoid fees, lines, etc.
- Po-Boy Fest is Rain or Shine.
- We're excited to Announce the 2016 Po-Boy Fest Artist: Lionel Milton! Click here to see the 10th Annual Oak Street Po Boy Festival poster. The print will be will be available for purchase at the Official Festival Merch Booth, on the 8300 Block of Oak Street.
- INFO BOOTHS: A Lost & Found and Cell Phone Charging Station will be available at Fidelity Bank (Oak & Carrollton) Festival Maps will also be available there. Additional Info Booths will be available at Oak & Cambronne (Powered By Offbeat Magazine), and Oak between Joliet & Leonidas (Powered by Funk Baby). Pint Alley Info Booths, where the beer flight cards will be sold, will be located on either end of Leonidas aka Pint Alley.
- Arts Market from 10am-7pm. Where Y’Art, an online gallery and social shopping network where you can discover, follow and shop, directly from local, New Orleans artists, will curate the Where Y’Art Market, ON Dublin street. The Where Y'Art Market will feature 20+ local artists with an eclectic array of handmade and one-of-a-kind artworks. For a list of participating Where Y'Artists click here
- 2 Main Stages and Saloon Stages featuring local music Click here for the music schedule
- 50+ Po Boys & Dozens of Craft Brews Click here for menus & brewery details
- “Pint Alley” on Leonidas Street will feature all participating Breweries. Flight packages will be available at Pint Alley so that you can sample craft brews from ALL breweries responsibly.
- Football Viewing Zones: Full bar, NFL game screening & ample seating. See map for locations.
- Oak Street Merchants: Be sure to visit the wonderful restaurants, bars and shops on Oak St! Click here for a list
LOCATION: Map & Directions available here.The festival is held in the Oak Street business corridor (8100-8800 blocks of Oak Street) in New Orleans' Carrollton Neighborhood. We are expanding the festival down Leonidas Street in an effort promote community renewal and encourage neighborhood involvement.
WHY:The Oak Street Po-Boy fest is a uniquely New Orleanian festival, designed to honor the humble po-boy sandwich and to help revitalize the booming Oak Street business corridor. The Oak Street Po Boy Festival is presented by the Oak Street Merchants, Residents and Property Owners, a Non Profit organization dedicated to promoting and sustaining the economic visibility of the Oak Street commercial corridor, to combating blight and deterioration, and maintaining the streetscape improvements.